In case you have been living in a cave and if it isn’t yet obvious for you, jazzercise is a combination of two words – jazz and exercise. It is one of the most entertaining forms of cardio. It is highly-effective in terms of the results that it can deliver.
While it can be fun and exciting, it can also be exhausting, and worst, painful. For the best experience, it is essential to invest in the best shoes for jazzercise. If you have no idea on which one makes the best choice, keep on reading the rest of this post and we’ll share with you some of the most important things you should know.
Before we discuss the essentials of choosing the right footwear, let us first briefly talk about some of the most compelling reasons to make jazzercise a part of your exercise routine.
- Perfect for All: One of the best things about jazzercise is the fact that it works for all people. Regardless of your fitness level, even if you do not know how to dance, this can be perfect for you.
- Encourages Weight Loss: If your main goal for working out is to lose weight, jazzercise is a good choice. It is a low-impact exercise, yet it burns calories, making it easier to achieve your target weight.
- Reduces Stress: Stress can emanate in many forms, but regardless of the reasons, it is never a good thing. Jazzercise is a good way to release stress and to be relieved from it. Especially when done in groups, it can be a lot of fun and can instantly lift your mood.
- Improves Bone Health: This is a good exercise if you want to strengthen your bones. This is especially good if you do it while you are younger. When you grow older, this will make the bone stronger and less susceptible for damage.
- Works Out All Muscle Groups: It might seem like it is an easy exercise, but the good thing is that it improves almost all groups of your muscles. If you want to have toner muscles or a well-defined body, jazzercise will help.
Essential Factors to Consider
With too many options for the best shoes for jazzercise, the following are some of the things you have to evaluate to easily differentiate one from the other:
- Comfort: This is perhaps the most important factor to consider. It should have the right size, which will allow you to move in a manner that is comfortable. It should also be breathable to keep your foot dry. It will also be good if there is a cushioning in the insole, which will help in the absorption of shock.
- Flexibility: Jazzercise entails a lot of movement. This makes it important to choose footwear that will never be restrictive of your movements. Choose a sole that is flexible enough. The same thing is true in the upper material of the shoe.
- Weight: As much as possible, choose shoes that have lightweight construction. If your shoes are heavy, they will be bad for the foot as it can cause strain and can increase the likelihood of suffering from foot injury. Also, heavy shoes will make it more difficult to move.
- Support: Just like in the case of shoes that you wear on a regular basis, it is also important for the jazzercise shoe to provide adequate support. This makes sure that your foot will be locked in a safe position, regardless of how much you twist, turn, jump, and move.
- Traction: Normally, you would want a shoe that delivers superior traction to prevent slipping. For jazzercise shoes, on the other hand, minimal traction is enough. If it grips too powerfully on the ground, it will be difficult for you to move.
Top Picks for the Best Shoes for Jazzercise
Below are five of the products that you might want to consider, as well as some of the features that give them an edge above many others within the competitive landscape.
***Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Puma is well-known for developing some of the best women’s kickboxing shoes in the industry, and now they are here to bring you something special—the Puma Riaze Heather Cross Trainer shoes.
In this product, Puma prioritizes breathability with its Airmesh material and textile lining. The combination of these materials offers fantastic wicking, odor resistance, and comfort properties.
The company also took into consideration the durability and shock absorption when they designed these shoes. The shoes have a 10Cell heel cushion which is the next level technology for shock absorption. They combined it with the ArchTec TPU shank which promotes stability, especially to the midfoot area.
When it comes to traction, the company combined their patented EverTrack and EverRide technologies to create a well-cushioned sole that has increased traction, perfect for both indoor and outdoor gyms.
Lastly, the design of the shoes has the trademark Puma design—low-key yet stylish. This is perfect for the women who loves to mix and match with their Jazzercise outfits
- Narrow design provides ample support for weak ankles and flat feet.
- Reviewers claim that the design of the shoes’ soles delivers excellent support for high arch feet.
- The shoes are made of highly breathable materials.
- It comes in different stylish color combinations.
- The high technology rubber outsole delivers excellent traction.
- Narrow design is not suitable for wide feet.
- Many users recommend buying a size up as the size of the shoes runs smaller.
Ryka has been delivering athletic footwear for women for over 25 years. With their long years of experience, they already well-versed and knowledgeable with the shape of a woman’s foot up to the angle of her stride. That’s why they have created shoes with the perfect design—roomier forefoot, narrower heel, improved instep volume, and a more secure footbed. These cross-training shoes are no exception.
Made with a dual density foam midsole and high-impact N-Gage EVA energy, the shoes provide excellent cushioning on impact. It is also considered to be highly durable because these technologies also deliver amazing shape retention abilities.
With its synthetic outer texture, the shoes are lightweight and will allow the user to move effortlessly during her Jazzercise session. Incorporated with an all-around cushioning technology, Direct-Fuse, and Flex-foil support layers, and precise-return bouncy insole, the shoes provide comfort and support for high impact exercises like dancing.
- Rubber traction outsole provides stability while dancing.
- Synthetic and mesh upper design for improved breathability.
- The shoes fit true to size.
- It is recommended for people with plantar fasciitis.
- Many designs and colors to choose from
- The design is not suitable for women with toe box issues.
- The shoes need better arch support
Here’s another amazing Jazzercise shoe from Ryka. The Ryka brand garnered two spots on this list because they offer shoe collections that are specially designed for dancing.
The features of the Tenacity Cross Trainer shoes are almost the same with that of Influence Cross Training shoes. It has the same padded tongue and collar, and Precise-Return insole.
The only difference between the two is the design and the added strap. Aside from its lace-up mechanism, these cross trainer shoes also have adjustable hook and loop straps for added security and support.
But what really separates this pair of shoes from the rest is its unique design. The shoes looked like an updated and modernized of the hip-hop shoes that were popular back in the day.
As compared to Ryka Influence shoes, the Tenacity shoes have higher heel design which can prevent unwanted twisting of the ankle and unwanted injuries while dancing.
- High ankle design can provide added support to prevent injuries.Suitable for people with wide feet.
- Added loops and straps deliver extra support.
- It delivers high impact absorption
- Not everyone may feel comfortable wearing high ankle shoes.
- Does not provide the same amount of cushioning as Ryka Influence.
This shoe comes with a variable lacing system. One of the good things about this is that you can customize the fit. You can adjust the laces depending on how tight or loose you want the footwear to be.
The built-in arch support is another thing that is impressive in this product. This provides the support that is needed by the foot to minimize fatigue and lessen the likelihood of suffering from an injury.
Lastly, the shoe comes with a lightweight mesh upper. It encourages proper air circulation to keep your foot comfortable and dry as you dance and exercise.
- Provides support for 360-degree motion
- Laced enclosure for customized fit
- Well-cushioned outsole
- Lateral support can be better
- Can be smaller than stated size
The RE-ZORB Technology, which is incorporated in the heel of the shoe, is one of its unique features. The latter is highly-instrumental in the absorption of impact, and hence, promoting your comfort.
It is also a good thing that it comes with a rubber outsole. The latter is excellent not only because of durability, but it is also flexible. With this, it will be easy for you to move when you are dancing.
The precision return is also exceptional. It optimizes the cushioning that is provided by your feet, making sure that you won’t feel exhausted.
- Lightweight and flexible without compromising firmness
- Comes with an affordable price
- Efficient circulation of air
- A bit chunky for some users
- Front part needs more cushioning
In sum, choosing the best shoes for jazzercise will not be an easy task. From design to construction, price to style, there are different factors that you should consider. Make sure that you will feel comfortable and that it is able to provide the support that your foot needs to minimize the likelihood of injuries.
From the five products, if there is one I can personally recommend, it would be Ryka Women's Influence Cross Training Shoe . A cross-training shoe, it is also perfect for jazzercise because it has the flexibility, support, and comfort that are all necessary for your workouts. Plus, it is stylish, making it double as a casual shoe.
You can research with relate keyword on Google
Best Jazzercise Shoes Reviewed
Best ryka shoes for jazzercise
Best sneakers for jazzercise