Thinking of the perfect way on how to remove thick dead skin from feet? Shhhhh, we know the secret! Do not look for other solutions and instead, follow the tips that we will be sharing with you in the rest of this post.
The appearance of thick dead skin on your feet can be caused by a number of reasons, such as standing for an extended period, being obese, use of inappropriate footwear, frequently being barefoot, and certain medical conditions.
There are several things that can be done to deal with the problem, including a surgical procedure, but such can be an expensive alternative. If you are looking for more practical solutions, keep on reading and we’ll share with you some of the things that can be done.
Let's see 7 ways on How to Remove Thick Dead Skin
1 - Use Warm Water
This is one of the simplest but effective ways of dealing with your thick dead skin on the feet. The best thing is that it does not even have to cost a thing. Here’s how this can be done:
- Find a bucket and have it filled with water that is warm. Take note that it should be warm and not too hot so that your feet won’t hurt.
- Submerged your feet in the bucket and allow it to stay there for about 20 minutes.
- Scrub the surface of the feet and have it dried. When having it scrubbed, make sure to avoid using harsh soaps to avoid the feet from drying out and from losing its natural oils.
- Finish by lathering it with a lotion to moisturize the skin
2 - Vinegar
If there is one item in the kitchen that can prove to be useful in more ways than one, vinegar is hard to beat. This will not only remove dead skin cells but will also be effective in making the skin softer. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- In a bucket filled with warm water, add drops of vinegar.
- Soak your feet in the solution for about 15 minutes.
- Once the time has lapsed, take out your feet from the solution and scrub it with the use of pumice stone.
- Rinse, apply petroleum jelly, and allow it to dry.
3 - Epsom Salt
For a long time now, Epsom salt has a positive reputation, especially with regards to its ability to improve circulation and in getting rid of toxins, including the dead skin cells in the feet. The magnesium that is found in it is another reason why it is another common recommendation on how to remove thick dead skin from feet.
- Add Epsom salt in a bucket that has already been filled with warm water.
- Submerge your feet in the solution for about ten minutes.
- Take out your feet, put petroleum jelly, and let it dry. Ideally, this should be done daily for up to three days or until you see significant improvement.
4 - Glycerin
This ingredient is known for delivering a number of benefits, such as having smoother and whiter skin. This is also commonly used in many dermatological clinics, which is why it does not come as a surprise that this will be effective in the removal of dead skin cells from your feet.
- Combine lemon juice with glycerin. By now, you will have a mixture that should be consistent enough so that you can apply it on the skin.
- Leave it on your feet for about 20 minutes. Once the time has finished, wash your feet with water and dry it. This is recommended to be done for several weeks until the problem has been totally eliminated.
5 - Lemon
Aside from being refreshing, lemons can be useful in many other ways, including the removal of dead skin from your feet. It is highly acidic, which is why it is a good choice. It is also known for making the skin smooth.
- In a bucket that is filled with warm water, combine fresh lemon juice.
- Have your feet soaked for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a scrub or a pumice stone to scrub the skin under the feet. You can also use the lemon wedges. Rinse and dry.
6 - Oatmeal
This is one thing that might come as a surprise for some people, but it is actually one of the best ways on how to remove thick dead skin from feet. The texture of oatmeal will make it a nice ingredient for a foot scrub.
- Mix your oatmeal with milk.
- Leave the solution on your feet for about half an hour and start scrubbing. Make sure to scrub with enough pressure to effectively remove the dead skin.
- Finish by rinsing your feet with water. Do this properly so as it will not feel sticky since you have earlier used milk.
7 - Banana
The key to using banana in removing dead skin from the feet is to make sure that it is already ripe. It is also effective in moisturizing the skin, making it a great choice.
- Blend ripe bananas. Once this is done, you will end up having a thick paste. If you want a higher level of effectiveness, you have the option to add avocado.
- Now that the paste is ready, have it applied around the feet. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it with warm water. Finish by having it gently scrubbed just to be sure that no traces of banana will be left.
By now, we hope that we have helped you identify some of the best ways on how to remove thick dead skin from feet. You do not have to be burdened by such a problem forever! Now is the time to act and do something about it based on the tips that we have shared above.
Is there anything else that you would like to add? How do you feel after reading this article? Do not be shy to leave a comment below.