Best Roofing Shoes: Comfortable and Durable Footwear for Roofing Contractors
Working as a roofer is not an easy job. You have to endure the heat and you need to make sure of your safety. Your comfort is a paramount consideration, which is essential for your productivity. To perform at your best and to lessen the risks, you need to be dressed appropriately. Among others, you will need the best roofing shoes.
In the rest of this post, we will help you pick high-quality shoes that are designed specifically for roofing contractors. We will have a look at the most important factors to consider and the best options that are available in the market. We hope that this guide will help you to make the right choice.
Vibram rubber outsole, Ultimate Shock Absorption footbed, Poron 4000 Comfort Cushion
Anti-fatigue technology, leather upper, padded tongue
30-day waterproof guarantee, flexible bending rubber sole, insulated lining
Nubuck leather upper, oil resistant sole, waterproof
Goodyear welt construction, round toe, leather upper
- Benefits of the Best Roofing Shoes
- Essential Factors to Consider
- Top Picks for the Best Roofing Shoes
Benefits of the Best Roofing Shoes
A lot of people may not consider the idea of buying shoes that are specialized for roofing jobs. You might think that it is expensive. Nonetheless, its cost will be nothing compared to the many benefits that it can deliver. With this, here are some of the compelling reasons to invest in roofing shoes:
- Safety: This is perhaps the best thing about roofing shoes. Roofs can be slippery. If you make one wrong move, you might end up falling from the top. The right footwear can make a lot of difference. It will provide excellent grip on the surface, which will minimize work-related hazards.
- Comfort: Roofing shoes are also important because they can provide the comfort that you will need to do better in your job. As long as you choose the right product, it will keep your foot dry and will be breathable.
- Insulation: No one, for sure, is stupid enough to work on the top of the roof barefoot. The right shoes will help to protect the insulation that you need to be protected not only from the cold, but also from the heat. Consequently, this will also make you feel more comfortable.
Essential Factors to Consider
As you try to select the best shoes for a roofing job, make sure to consider the factors that are briefly mentioned below:
- Grip: One of the most important for the best roofing shoes is to have exceptional traction, which means that it should have a strong grip on the roof, even if the surface is slippery. This will make you more stable when you are working and will not make you prone to slipping.
- Comfort: More than safety, you also need shoes that will deliver unrivalled comfort. If you are uncomfortable, chances are, you will not be able to work properly. The shoe should be breathable enough, especially if you work in a place with a hot climate.
- Size: This is one thing that will be influential of comfort. It will be good to physically try the shoe first to be sure that the fit is right. If you are buying only, pay attention to the policies of the seller and see to it that you can have it returned if there are sizing issues.
- Material: Leather is perhaps the most popular material for roofing shoes. It is flexible enough, making it easy for your move. It is also durable. Be sure to choose a material that can withstand the demands of your job.
- Weight: Lightweight shoes will be your best bet. If your footwear is too heavy, this might drag you down and will make you slip. Also, too much weight can damage roof materials when you step on it.
- Support: Choose a shoe that will offer exceptional arch support. If the support is weak or inexistent, you will end up suffering from foot pain. Also, arch support is important because it will make you safer as you work.
Top Picks for the Best Roofing Shoes
In this section, we will have a rundown of some of the best roofing shoes available in the market, including the features that will make them worth considering.
Among other things, the oil-tanned leather that is used in the upper of the shoe is one of its best features. Such material is exceptional when it comes to aesthetics, which will also make this an excellent shoe for casual wear. Plus, it is also durable.
The Ultimate Shock absorption footbed is also impressive. It is complemented with Poron 4000 Comfort cushion, which can provide personalized comfort. Even if you have to work for an extended period, fatigue can be minimized.
Lastly, it is integrated with Vibram rubber outsole. The latter is the one that is responsible for delivering superior traction even in a slippery surface. This is important to improve stability and to lessen the likelihood of slipping.
- Sold at a reasonable price
- Made from high-quality and long-lasting materials
- Comes with a cushioned footbed that can provide customized fit
- Has just the right height
- Has a stylish design
- A bit on the heavy side
- Can be larger than stated size
The mere fact that this shoe is made by Timberland can already provide you with peace of mind. the company is known for manufacturing high-quality footwear that is anticipated to survive even the most demanding jobs.
As a roofer, your work will not be easy. You can easily get fatigued, especially when working on a hot day. This shoe can be an incredible choice because it is integrated with anti-fatigue technology. This can be attributed to the padded insole and tongue.
The leather that is used is also impressive. It is durable, yet it is not that hard, unlike others. It is soft and flexible. It moves along with you, which is another reason why it is comfortable.
- Comfortable even after a long time
- Has an anti-fatigue insole
- Has a snug fit
- Perfect even for recreational use
- Made by a trusted brand
- Sole construction could be better
- Can rub on the heel
If you want to have peace of mind, you might want to consider buying this roofing shoe. One thing that makes this an excellent choice is the 30-day waterproof warranty. Within one month, if there is any issue with waterproofing, you can return it to the manufacturer and they will provide you with an unconditional refund.
The flexible rubber bending sole is another feature that will make you love the shoe. This is unlike others that appear to be too stiff. The sole will move along with your foot, which is one thing that will be instrumental of your comfort.
More so, aside from flexibility, the sole is also excellent because of its traction, reducing the possibility of slipping. It is also non-marking and oil-resistant. If you are worried about your safety, you will like this shoe.
- Comes with an affordable price
- Can keep the foot comfortable
- Soft leather for ease of movement
- Can cause heel pain
- Insulation could have been better
If budget is the most important concern for you, this is one of the roofing shoes that should be included in your list. It is one of the cheapest that you can find in the market, yet you can expect that it will be able to deliver decent quality.
It is made using nubuck leather. This may not be the most durable in the product category, but given its reasonable price, such can be justifiable. This is perfect for light-duty roofing jobs.
The sole is oil-resistant. You can be confident that it will have a strong grip on the roof, providing you with peace of mind.
- One of the most affordable shoes for roofers
- Fashionable for a work boot
- Provides great fit
- Possible issues with sizing
- Eyelets can easily become defective
This work boot is another option that is perfect for roofing contractors. It is made by a trusted brand and comes with a reasonable price. If you are budget-conscious, you will love this footwear.
Taking a look at its features, the Goodyear welt construction of the shoe is one reason why it will be a great option. The stitching is made in such a way that it will hold the parts together, although there are still some who found it not great for demanding use.
Lastly, it comes with a round toe box. The latter is designed to provide generous room for your toes to move, unlike others that may seem to be too constricting.
- Generous room in the toe box
- Easy lacing system making it quick to put on and off
- Sole has incredible traction
- Not as durable as others
- Upper part can be tight for people with large foot
From the best roofing shoes mentioned above, which one should you choose? If you will ask for my personal opinion, I would recommend Thorogood Men’s American Heritage Lace-to-Toe Roofer Boots. The latter is made specifically to provide the comfort and protection that is needed by roofing contractors. It is made from an excellent material, which is not only durable, but also excellent when it comes to aesthetics. This will give you peace of mind as you work.