If you work in the kitchen, whether you are a chef or dishwasher, among others, you need to invest in the right footwear. This will prevent accidents, make you more comfortable, and improve productivity, among other things. All of these benefits, however, can only berealized if you choose the right pair to wear.
In the rest of this post, we’ll help you find the best kitchen shoes. From the essential factors to consider to the top picks available in the market, we hope that this guide will help you in coming up with a well-informed decision.
Synthetic leather upper, removable polyurethane footbed, rubber outsole
Croslite material, memory foam footbed, slip-on design
Cutting-edge tread design, Select Fresh technology, fatigue-fighting cushioning
Rocker bottom, polyurethane footbed, padded instep collar
Memory foam footbed, slip-resistant upper, thick heel
Patented sole design, cushioned footbed, oil-resistant sole
Benefits of Wearing the Right Shoes
Sure, your sneakers look stylish. But, does this mean that you can wear it in the workplace? Especially if you are working in the kitchen, chances are, you need a footwear that is specifically designed for your workplace.
- Comfort: In the kitchen, you will most probably be standing for a long time. You will have to walk from one place to another. If you have the right shoes, fatigue will be lesser as you will feel comfortable.
- Productivity: When you are feeling comfortable, what would happen next? Chances are, you will be more productive in what you are doing. With this, it is undeniable that the right shoe can positively influence performance in your job.
- Safety: The kitchen floor is often wet and slippery. We have heard of kitchen nightmares that resulted in serious injuries, which could have been prevented only if the person wore the right shoes for the job.
- Compliance: In many instances, you simply have no choice but to purchase shoes that are designed specifically for use in the kitchen. Many companies would require their employees to be dressed for the job.
Choosing the Best Kitchen Shoes
As you try to narrow down the possibilities, do not forget to consider the factors that will be mentioned below:
- Traction: It is inevitable that the kitchen floor becomes slippery. From splashes of water to banana peel, among others, there are many risks that can lead to slippage. With this, look for shoes that deliver non-slip traction. This will minimize the likelihood that you will end up suffering from workplace hazards.
- Size: Make sure that the shoe fits. If it is too loose, there is a risk that it will be left behind when you walk. If it is too tight, on the other hand, you will end up suffering from discomfort and your movements will be restricted.
- Materials: Shoes made from premium materials may not be necessarily cheap, but they are sure to be worth your money. Leather is one of the most popular, which is known not only for durability, but also for its appeal.
- Comfort: You should choose kitchen shoes that will be able to deliver the highest level of comfort. This must have excellent ventilation. Also, it should keep your feet dry, which will also be good for our hygiene.
- Support: This is especially important for people who have flat feet. You should find a shoe that provides the support that is needed by the foot, which will be crucial for stability and comfort.
- Durability: Work in the kitchen can be demanding. The constant need to walk and pressure from standing all day can contribute to wear and tear. With this, it will be good to pick a pair that is made from long-lasting materials.
- Weight: As much as possible, choose kitchen shoes that are lightweight. This will make it easy for you to move around in the kitchen as you do your job. If it is too heavy, this can make your work more strenuous and you will end up complaining of discomfort.
Top Picks for the Best Kitchen Shoes
Still clueless about which pair can provide the best bang for the buck? In this section, we will go through some of the most popular options available in the market. The first three are designed specifically for men and the last three are for women.
Top 3 Best Kitchen Shoes for Men :
Among others, one feature that makes this an impressive option is the rubber outsole. This is excellent in terms of flexibility, making it easy for you to move around in the kitchen. In the same way, it comes with excellent traction, even on slippery surfaces.
It is also a good thing that it comes with polyurethane footbed, which is made even better by the fact that it is removable. The latter provides the cushioning your foot needs, which is critical for jobs wherein you need to stand for a long time.
The upper, meanwhile, is made from synthetic leather. This is not as premium as the ones made from genuine leather, but given its affordable price, this should be acceptable.
- Perfect option for budget-conscious buyers
- Laced closure for customized fit
- Ideal even for heavy users
- Can provide relief from heel pain
- Can be used even for casual walks outside of work
- Not as durable as more expensive counterparts
- Breaking in may take quite some time
One of the things that we loved about this shoe is that it is a slip-on loafer. With this, you can easily wear it and take it off. There are no laces that will bother you. The design, however, also means that you cannot tighten or loosen the shoe based on the size of your foot.
The memory foam footbed is also an impressive feature that you can find in this shoe. Based on the pressure that is applied by your foot, it will offer a personalized fit. This is also critical for your comfort, especially because you will most probably stand for a long time.
Lastly, it should also be pointed out that it is made using Croslite material, an exclusive technology that has been developed exclusively by the company. This leads to superior comfort and grip, while also making sure that it will resist odor.
- Has a casual and minimalist style
- Stretches nicely for a more comfortable fit
- Comfortable and supportive footbed
- Has impressive arch support
- Takes some time to break-in
- May not be true to its stated size
Taking a look at the features of this kitchen shoe, one of the most exceptional is the Select Fresh technology, which has been developed exclusively by the manufacturer. The latter will make it possible to get rid of odor and bacteria, which will keep the shoe smelling fresh.
The tread design of the shoe is also worth highlighting and is one of the reasons why we included this model in our list. It has a distinctive pattern, which is the one responsible for improving traction and slip-resistance, making it perfect for the kitchen.
Lastly, it also has fatigue-fighting cushioning, which is another reason why it is perfect for the kitchen. Even after a whole day of work, you won’t complain of discomfort.
- Work shoe that is perfect even for travel
- Delivers excellent slip-resistance
- Has a comfortable cushioned footbed
- A bit expensive for some buyers
- Size can be too small than stated
Top 3 Best Kitchen Shoes for Women :
If you are concerned about your highest level of comfort while in the workplace, one thing that you will love about this shoe is the impressive arch support it provides. The latter provides supportive cushioning to promote your highest level of comfort.
The polyurethane footbed is also an exceptional feature. It is not too soft or too firm. It offers just the right level of comfort, which will be critical if you are standing for an extended period.
The Rocker Bottom is another innovation you might love about this product. The latter will lead to significant reduction in fatigue. It is important to note that it helps in improving shock absorption, which is vital for your comfort.
- Design is attractive for a kitchen shoe
- Thick heel for added cushioning
- Has a leather sock lining for optimal comfort
- Easy to wear and take off because of its slip-on design
- Has an expensive price
- Can be small than actual size
Among other things, the memory foam that is used in the footbed of this shoe is one of its best features. The latter will provide a personalized comfort, which will be vital for a kitchen job. The cushioning is soft, but not too much.
The slip-resistant outsole is also worth highlighting, which can give you peace of mind when it comes to your safety. Even if the kitchen floor is slippery, there is no need to worry.
In the kitchen, it is inevitable that liquid will spill on your footwear. The good thing about this product is that the upper can resist spill, which also makes maintenance a breeze.
- Has a contrast stitching that is stylish
- Thick heel for shock absorption
- Leather construction for extreme durability
- Heel can be too thick for some
- Toe box can be wider
The stylish appeal of this shoe is one of the reasons why it is included in our list of the best kitchen footwear. You can wear it not only when you are working, but even outside of your job. It has a casual look that makesit stylish.
The cushioned foam bed is also a good thing. It is flexible, making it easily follow your movements. However, as some people noted, it can possibly get flat easily.
Lastly, the patented outsole design is also worth highlighting. With the latter, it will offer excellent traction on different surfaces, which will also lessen the possibility of suffering from an injury.
- Ideal choice for budget-friendly buyers
- Can be used even for casual wear
- Sole has high-quality construction
- Memory foam can flatten through time
- May not be true to size
In sum, if you work in the kitchen, you should choose the right footwear and consider this as an essential investment. It will make you more comfortable and most importantly, safe. The likelihood of suffering from an injury will be lesser and productivity in the workplace will be enhanced.
From the products above, if there is only one that I can personally recommend, it is Skechers for Work Men’s 76690 Keystone Sneaker. It can even double as a casual shoe. It has a comfortable footbed and can offer customized fit because of its lacing enclosure. It may not be the most durable, but it is definitely a nice choice for budget-friendly buyers.