When it comes to racquet sports, or physical activities in general, badminton is one of the best. It keeps you moving and sweating, making it an excellent exercise. Most of the times, it can also be exhausting, especially as the game becomes more intense. With this, it would be a great help if you have the best badminton shoes.
With the right shoes, you will not only be more comfortable, but there is also a lesser likelihood of suffering from injuries. But, which one will make the perfect choice for you? In the rest of this post, we will help you to choose the right footwear for you. We will identify some of the top choices, as well as their notable features.
[amazon box="B01H19KN8Q, B00ZA0B5W2, B0098IISEU, B005CFUW9W, B01BLKH104, B0029F2FZM" template="table"]
Benefits of Using the Best Badminton Shoes
By making sure that you have the right footwear for the sport, the following are some of the benefits that you can enjoy:
- Lessen the Possibility of Ankle Injuries: This is made possible by the exceptional shock absorption that you can expect from the shoe. It can prevent your ankle from being twisted or sprained. With the right shoes, the risk of such injury will be lesser, even during an intense match.
- Prevent Blisters: Friction of hard playing surface can hurt your feet, and consequently, this can lead to blisters. The good news is with the right pair of shoe, you will have the protection that is necessary for the foot.
- Play with Optimal Comfort: When you are uncomfortable, your performance will most likely suffer. With this, it will be good if you have the right shoes. They can offer breath ability and cushioning, among other things that will help to unleash the best in you.
Essential Factors to Consider
When choosing the best badminton shoes, the factors mentioned below should be given careful thought to help you make the right decision:
- Feedbacks: Start by reading reviews from other users or players. Luckily, there are many who share their experiences online, which can be a good starting point in narrowing the possibilities.
- Size: When choosing the right size of badminton shoes, do not only pay attention to the length, but also to the width. Keep in mind that you will be moving not only backward and forward, but also left and right. It should not be too tight or too loose.
- Weight: When it comes to badminton, lightweight shoes are better. From the upper to the sole, it should be made from materials with minimal weight. This will allow you to move easily.
- Sole: This is one of the most important parts of the shoe, which will be indicative of the traction that it can provide. It will be good if it has slip-resistant and non-marking outsole. Also, it should perform well on different surfaces, depending on where you will play. The sole should be flexible enough so that it can move with you.
- Upper: The upper materials are important because they will be indicative of comfort. Leather, mesh, and polyester are some of the most popular materials. It must be able to encourage air circulation for optimal breathability. It should also be strong enough to withstand the demands of the sport.
- Cushion: The interior of the shoe is just as important as its exterior. With this, you should also choose footwear that comes with exceptional cushioning, which will provide the comfort and support that will be needed by the foot. It must effectively absorb impact to lessen discomfort.
- Style: Aesthetics will also be an essential consideration. Pick a pair that is stylish making you attract attention even while in the court. Also, this will allow you to use the shoe even for just casual wear.
Top Picks for the Best Badminton Shoes
If you are still clueless about the best footwear to choose for your badminton games, in this section, we will have a quick look at five of the options that are available. We will have a rundown of not only their features, but their pros and cons as well.
Among other things, the TORSION System integrated into the midfoot of the shoe is probably one of its best features. This is one of the reasons why the shoe is excellent in providing support and minimizing the likelihood of suffering from an injury.
Another feature that is worth highlighting is the Adiprene cushioning, which is integrated into the rearfoot and forefoot. The latter will make sure that you will experience optimal comfort even as you play an intense game for an extended period.
The rubber sole is also a plus. It can deliver excellent traction, especially if you are playing indoors. With the powerful grip that it will provide, it is unlikely that you will end up slipping.
Lastly, you might also love how it comes with a removable insole. There are mesh inserts as well, which will contribute in making it more durable.
- Made by a brand trusted in the field of badminton
- Has mesh inserts for breathability
- Delivers excellent support in every move
- Cushioning is responsive
- Durable construction
- Can be larger than actual size
- Lateral movements can cause discomfort
This can be an ideal choice for badminton footwear to anyone who is looking for a budget-friendly alternative. The reasonable price makes it perfect for entry-level badminton shoes.
Among other things, the outsole is one of the most commendable about this shoe. It has full-length construction and delivers excellent grip, specifically on indoor surfaces. This will help to improve stability and will reduce the likelihood of suffering from an injury.
The gel cushioning at the rearfoot is one more thing that you can find to be impressive. It comes with a cushioned footbed that will be supportive and comfortable. This will also be excellent in terms of shock absorption.
Lastly, the upper is made from a combination of mesh and synthetic leather. Do not expect high-end materials from such a shoe with an economical price. The good thing is that since it uses mesh, you can expect that it will be breathable.
- Comes with an affordable price
- Delivers optimal comfort even after wearing for a long time
- Has gum soles that can deliver an excellent grip in indoor courts
- Can be used even for gym training
- Provides excellent support to lessen foot pain
- Can be smaller than the stated size
- Side design is only painted and can easily chip
If you are looking for the best badminton shoes that can offer in-court stability, this is one option that should be included in your list. Among others, one of its most impressive features is the Abzorb Cushioning, which is the one responsible for providing a high level of comfort. It is located in the midfoot and efficiently absorbs impact every time your foot hits the ground.
The C-Cap midsole is another feature that will be instrumental of your comfort. Itgives your foot the support that is required to help in the prevention of ankle injuries and sprain, among others.
In terms of breathability, this can also be an impressive choice. Onedesign element that contributes to this is the presence of perforations in the toe box, as well as on the side panel. The latter encourages improved ventilation for your highest level of comfort.
- Can provide excellent lateral support
- Accommodates after-market orthotic inserts
- Improves balance in the court
- Has impressive cushioning for optimal comfort
- Has lightweight construction
- Toe box can be small for some people
- May not be for people with wide foot
While there are many innovations that are found in this shoe, one thing that makesit exceptional is the S-Curve stability technology. Regardless of the intensity of the game and the swiftness of your movements, it will help to maintain a stable position, and hence, lessening the likelihood of an injury.
It is also exceptional because of the high-impact absorbing design. This is one of the reasons why it can be worn even on hard surfaces. Your foot will not feel much of the impact, which will be critical for your comfort.
When it comes to breathability, you will also love this, primarily because it has mesh construction. The padded collar is also a plus for your comfort.
- Comfortable even for just casual walks
- Great for people with bunions
- Delivers excellent traction on hard courts
- A bit expensive
- Heel part is too large for some
Whether you are playing tennis or badminton, this is another footwear that can prove to be an exceptional choice. One thing that makes this great is the AOSTA 7.0 rubber outsole. It is made from a flexible material that does not fall short in terms of the traction that it can provide.
The Dri-Lex lining is also exceptional, which can be effective in keeping moisture away. This is not only hygienic, but will help to make you feel more comfortable.
Lastly, it comes with EVA midsole that can be effective in the absorption of shock. This will also be helpful in providing the cushioning needed for your comfort.
- Lighter that other tennis shoes
- Comes with perforations to deliver optimal breathability
- Made from long-lasting materials
- Appears quite chunky
- Toe box can be large for some people
Among other things, the PRC1000 outsole is one feature that deserves to be highlighted, which is excellent in terms of durability. It can withstand constant friction on hardcourt surfaces. It is not easily prone to wear and tear.
The wishbone shank is one technical feature that makes this impressive. The latter provides support where it is needed to improve stability and to avoid ankle sprain.
Lastly, the Sock Eraser midsole is also exceptional. With the latter, the pressure that will be felt by the foot every time it hits the ground will be lesser, making you feel more comfortable.
- Mesh construction encourages air circulation
- Versatile shoe that is great not only for tennis and badminton
- Large toe box for optimal comfort
- Not as popular as other brands
- Requires breaking-in
If you play badminton, you should know that the right footwear will make a huge difference. It can make you a superstar in the court. It will not only be instrumental of your comfort, but will also lessen the likelihood of suffering from an injury.
From the best badminton shoes that are mentioned above, which one should you pick? If you will ask for my personal opinion, I would recommend Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes. It is not only made by a trusted brand, but it can also deliver excellent support, comfort, and support, making it easy to be the best player that you can be!